Re: [O] Inherited tags not visible in agenda

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Inherited tags not visible in agenda
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:39:58 +0100

* Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I just pulled the latest Org version but inherited tags still aren't
>> visible in my agenda.
>
> This is the current way of Org.

I see.

> Note that this is just about the "visible" tags.  If you hit
> `T' on the agenda line, you should see inherited tags too if
> you have the default `org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance'.
>
> Which lets you have tag filtering okay... etc.

Indeed.

>> What is my problem that prevents inherited tags being visible in my
>> agenda?
>
> It is not a problem with *your* config...

I was thinking of a config issue because up to my last git pull, all
inherited tags *were* visible in my agenda. Which I do like because
I tend to use inheritance for information.

For example, I am adding a meeting with one person to the contact
heading of that person (which is tagged with JohnSmith) and
therefore I see the link to John Smith when I use a simple
sub-heading for our meeting like: "*** <2013-01-09 10:00-11:00> Meeting"

> I implemented this because it speeds up agenda generation *a
> lot* and those visible tags are just information.

I do have a very poor performing agenda (approx. 121.000 lines of
Org) especially when I am querying my Memacs[1] data (additional
220.000 lines of Org in archive files).

However, since I use tag inheritance as a form of de-duplication, I
am willing to wait for them to be parsed :-)

> I'll clean up things and restore the previous behavior, but
> I want the current one to be available anyway.

A new standard behavior for speeding up agenda for lots of users is
fine to me as long as I am able to modify it to get previous
behavior sometime in the future. :-)

  1. https://github.com/novoid/Memacs
--
Karl Voit