Re: [O] BBDB(3) or org-contacts

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] BBDB(3) or org-contacts
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:28:01 -0500

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can then follow the link with ``F7 o'' - if the headline does not
> exist, it creates it and then I can modify it to make into a bbdb link:
>
> ,----
> | * [[bbdb:Daniel Clemente][Daniel Clemente]]
> `----
>
> making it easy to go back and forth.

The creation part depends on the value of
org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline which is set to
query-to-create (which is offered in the customization menu, but is not
documented in the doc string of the variable).

Unfortunately, that only allows for exact headline matches, so if
you modify the headline as I suggested, it won't match and it'll
ask you if you want to create it again.

It's probably better to add the link in the text of the entry
(or perhaps as a property of the entry).

Nick