Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced by 5484a33b
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:58:41 +0000 (UTC)

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > and where do you set load-path?
>
> No load path customization, just those two lines above are enough to
> cause the error.

How do you expect Emacs to recognize that you'll want to use a different Org?

> alright, starting with emacs -Q, evaluate the following in your scratch
> buffer.
>
>   (load-file "~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org.el")

You must set the load-path to start with the expansion of
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/
first.

> it may complain (void-function org-define-obsolete-function-alias), in
> which case evaluate the following in your scratch buffer
>
>   (load-file "~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-compat.el")

Don't know what you're trying to achieve there.  This should be absolutely
uneccesary.

>   (load-file "~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org.el")

Ditto (we're still talking about 'emacs -Q', yes?).

> The above works prior to the offending commit, but now it throws an
> error.

As it should; and I remark that it didn't work before, you've just not been
getting an error.  Your load-path points to Emacs' core, and then you're trying
to load a single out-of-core file from a later version of Org.

Start Emacs with -Q, make sure the autoloads have been generated in the Git
worktree (org-loaddefs.el must exist).  Then evaluate step-by-step the following
lines in *scratch* (C-j at the end of each sexp):

features
load-history
(symbol-file 'org-release)
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp")
(load-library "org-loaddefs")
(org-version t t)
features
load-history
(symbol-file 'org-release)
(org-reload)

Please post the output in *scratch* and *Messages*.

Thanks,
Achim.