[O] In HTML export =code= appears too large compared to regular text

From: John Corless
Subject: [O] In HTML export =code= appears too large compared to regular text
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 07:15:51 -0600

Hello,

I am interested in changing the appearance of =code= (or ~verbatim~ for that matter) in HTML export.  In exporting the previous sentence with default =C-c C-e b=, the words code and verbatim are much larger than neighboring text.  Worg pages look much nicer (see examples on http://orgmode.org/worg/), as do Wiki pages generated on Github with Gollum (using org-mode as markup, see my simple example at https://github.com/jdcorless/research-tools-notes/wiki/Emacs).  I would like to get the same appearance in my regular HTML exports.

GNU Emacs 24.1.1
Org-mode version 7.8.11

I have tried searching org-mode manual, searching email archive, and stackoverflow but have not been successful with this rather specific issue.

Thank you,

John D. Corless
address@hidden