Re: [O] OBBDB(3) or org-contacts

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] OBBDB(3) or org-contacts
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:44:03 +1030

Gour <address@hidden> writes:

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:34:58 +1030 Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
I use bbdb3; never got to grips with org-contacts and I have too many contacts in any case.

No performance issues?

Not with BBDB, either version.  I have 760 contacts in BBDB.

bbdb3 provides a subtle improvement to bbdb2: better more logical key bindings and less surprising behaviour overall. I like it.

Does bbdb3 provide more freedom to have some custom fields in my contacts structure?

You can have any number of simple fields labelled whatever you want. I am not sure if you can define new structured ones (like addresses, I mean). I don't stress BBDB too much...

I also decided to use Gnus, but, atm, have some problem with its setup.

Maybe post on the gnus mailing list?  Very helpful group.
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_7.9.3d-821-g35204a