Re: [O] Logging of work no longer working with emcas24

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Logging of work no longer working with emcas24
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 05:27:05 -0500

Im Exil <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after I've decided to use emacs24 I found out that logging of work
> does no lpnge work. All I get after typing:  "C-c C-x C-i" all I get
> is an empty
>
> CLOCK:
>
> and the message:
> byte-code: Symbol's function definition is void: org-get-effort
>
> Any idea what I'm missing? I'm using the git version tag release_7.9.3
> as ELPA did not really work well.

You probably have a mixed installation, where some bits are loaded from
release_7.9.3 and some are loaded from the older org that comes with
emacs: org-get-effort was deleted as part of commit
c4d4bf3833ecdfffd603aa7555eca2cea45aff6e.

Make sure that you follow the instructions in section 1.2,
"Installation", of the manual to the letter and also make sure that you
set the load-path in your .emacs (or other init file as
applicable) *before any piece of org is loaded* - you seem to be loading
org.el before resetting the load-path, so you end up getting the org.el
from the emacs distribution.

Nick