Re: [O] Wish: switch active time-stamps to inactive when CANCELED

From: Daimrod
Subject: Re: [O] Wish: switch active time-stamps to inactive when CANCELED
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 12:04:32 +0100

Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!

Hi,

> I tend to keep events that I do not attend in my calendar for
> archiving reasons. But I switch their status to CANCELED.
> Unfortunately, those events still appear on my Google calendar and
> so forth. I get my usual reminders and it messes up my free/busy
> list.
>
> Therefore, I am thinking that canceled events should turn their
> active time-stamps into inactive with an Org-mode option. This way,
> I can recall them in my agenda by typing ']' (show inactive
> time-stamps) but they do not interfere with my daily workflow.
>
> What do you think of such an option for Org-mode?

Org Mode has already facilities for archiving.

You can either tag a headline and its children with the `archive' tag
(bound to C-c C-x a) or archive a headline and its children in a
separated file (bound to C-c $).

In both cases they won't be displayed in the Agenda unless you active
them (v a or v A).

See (info "(org) Archiving") for a complete description of Archiving in
Org Mode.

--
Daimrod/Greg