Re: [O] agenda question about representing items

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] agenda question about representing items
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:04:35 +0100

Hi!

* Arun Persaud <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm wondering if it is possible to customize this, so that it will
> display something like the following:
>
> <filename>: <time> projectname->subtask->TODO look into customize agenda
>
> that is adding some breadcrumbs in front of the item to make it clearer
> what the context of the TODO item is.

Note: When you set your cursor to the entry in the agenda, you'll
notice those breadcrumbs being displayed at the echo area (bottom
line).

When I do face similar requirements, I tend to add tags to the
headings such, that the inherited tags give me some clue about the
breadcrumbs.

This way, I sometimes end up with headings like this:

*** Task this or that      :TaskThisOrThat:

Not quite perfect for a guy that loves de-duplication (I agree) but
it works.

--
Karl Voit