Re: [O] Still Wishing for Snooze

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Still Wishing for Snooze
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:49:16 +0100

Hi Andrew

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Andrew M. Nuxoll <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd like to modify the org-mode code to support the following:
>
> 1.  Add a date tag to an entry that indicates that it is "inactive" until a
> certain date.  I'm picturing something like this:
>
> ***** TODO [#B] Verify login to the virtual machines
>       SCHEDULED: <2013-01-11 Tue +1w> DELAY: <2013-01-24 Thu>

(I assume you meant Tue Jan 08:

* TODO [#B] Verify login to the virtual machines
  SCHEDULED: <2013-01-08 Tue +1w> DELAY: <2013-01-24 Thu>
)

Such tasks I do like follows, starting with:

* TODO [#B] Verify login to the virtual machines
  SCHEDULED: <2013-01-08 Tue +1w>

Then set to DONE as many times as necessary to get it to the first
regular repetition in the future:

* TODO [#B] Verify login to the virtual machines
  SCHEDULED: <2013-01-29 Tue +1w>

Then add the one irregular date just as a normal SCHEDULED:

* TODO [#B] Verify login to the virtual machines
  SCHEDULED: <2013-01-24 Thu>
  SCHEDULED: <2013-01-29 Tue +1w>

At or after 2013-01-24 when the task is done go to the irregular date
with TAB from the agenda view and delete the line, resulting again in:

* TODO [#B] Verify login to the virtual machines
  SCHEDULED: <2013-01-29 Tue +1w>

Michael