Re: [O] About range references in the spreadsheet

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] About range references in the spreadsheet
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:25:38 +1030

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Xue,
>
> Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In (info "(org) References"), there is an example explaining the range
>> references:
>>
>>      @address@hidden   3 numbers from the column to the left, 2 up to
>> current row
>>
>> What does `2 up to current row' mean?  I don't understand.  IIRC `@'
>> represents row, it should be `1 up to current row'.
>
> No.  The whole sentence expands to this:
>
>   This range takes 3 numbers: the first one from the column to the
>   left (and the row above), the 2 others up to current row.
>
> I agree this might not be obvious but I don't have a better proposal.
> Maybe a native english speaker can help here.
>
> Best,

I think the current description is wrong and that rows and columns have
been interchanged?  The entries defined by this range are all in the row
above (@-1) the current row.  The columns chosen are two to the left of
the current column up to the current column.

If you wish to re-word, maybe:

This range expands to three elements, all on the row above the current
row, starting with the column two to the left of the current column.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_7.9.3d-874-gf11acc