Re: [O] Info: (org)Customizing tables in ODT export

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Info: (org)Customizing tables in ODT export
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:12:54 -1000

Hi Achim,

I found my way to the top of the 'make update' output.  It looks like
makeinfo thinks all is well (assuming its complaints would be visible
here):

makeinfo --no-split org.texi -o org
makeinfo --html --number-sections --no-split -o org.html org.texi

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

>> These are the only failures I could see in the log available to me:
>>
>> Output written on orgguide.pdf (47 pages, 346216 bytes).
>> Transcript written on orgguide.log.
>> tar: Failed to set default locale
>> tar: Failed to set default locale
>
> So what _is_ your locale?  This is an indication that either locale data
> is completely missing from the system or that the system libraries
> (glibc etc.) are different then what the exectutables run are linked against.

poto:org-mode dk$ locale
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

I don't know how to check system libraries, etc.

>> I have this warning, which doesn't seem pertinent to the documentation:
>
> I wouldn't make that assumption, especially where makeinfo is involved.
> can you set LC_ALL=C or equivalently LC_ALL=POSIX and try again?

Not quite sure how to set locale, or whether it is a good idea to make a
permanent change.  I tried this in my bash shell, but with the same
result--the documentation gets built, but that section of the manual is
truncated when I view it with info:

poto:org-mode dk$ LC_ALL=C make

Thanks for taking a look at this.

All the best,