Re: [O] can babel results show time of evaluation?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] can babel results show time of evaluation?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:21:35 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Are there instances aside from "#+results" where one would want to
> pack ancillary information into a keyword?

So far, only #+results and #+caption (for the short caption) are
concerned. See `org-element-dual-keywords' for some more details.

> Perhaps both the hash and the time should be moved *outside* the
> keyword, e.g. something like the following,
>
> #+Results: name time hash
>
> What do you think?

I think the hash string is fine where it is since there's already
a keyword category for such constructs. It's even handy in the case of
captions. It would be better if we don't overload this location, though.

As far as the parser goes, both

    #+results[mix-time-and-hash]: name

and

    #+results[hash]: name time

are fine, as long as time isn't, as already explained, exactly an Org
timestamp. The latter is perhaps more elegant. I guess it depends on how
important the time information is. Anyway, use whichever suits you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou