[O] Sending BibTeX entries from Zotero to Org-mode via Fireforg

From: Marko Dimjašević
Subject: [O] Sending BibTeX entries from Zotero to Org-mode via Fireforg
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 21:56:25 -0700

Hi folks,

I just installed Zotero (a Firefox plugin for organizing your research
sources) and I thought it could be used with Org-mode. For example, I'd
like to send BibTeX entries from Zotero to Org-mode via Fireforg.

At http://orgmode.org/worg/org-devel.html I can see that Fireforg is
listed, but it seems outdated - when I try to install fireforg.xpi in
Abrowser 18 (Firefox-based browser), it reports the following:

Fireforg could not be installed because it is not compatible with
Abrowser 18.0.1.

I'm not sure if simply changing the "max version" parameter in
install.rdf in fireforg.xpi is the best idea.

According to the git log, the last commit dates back to 2010. I guess
it's not in active development anymore.

Also, I guess it needs org-protocol, but I can't figure out where to
download it from. At:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.html

it doesn't say anything about how to obtain it.

Any suggestions on how to get org-protocol and fireforg working so that
I can export BibTeX entries from Zotero to org-mode?

If it's of any help, I have GNU Emacs 23.3.1 and Org-mode 7.6.

Cheers,
Marko Dimjašević