Re: [O] Structure editing

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: [O] Structure editing
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 00:51:41 -0800

Sanjib Sikder <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> What I am trying to achieve is an 'ordinary' heading, which is not in the
> beginning of the document but somewhere in the middle of the document,
> before a particular level one heading of a tree. At present the 'ordinary'
> heading gets hidden in the previous tree/subtree.

In org-mode, one star IS an 'ordinary' heading. In Org mode, no stars is
'only some text, not a heading'. That is the whole way it is set
up. Your first line should (normally) always have one star, and 'no stars'
should be saved for use as the lowest of all levels, not the highest.

It seems illogical that one star is the highest heading, two stars is a
lower-level heading, and so on, while zero stars is not a heading at all
- but if you try to change that fact, you will be always fighting with
org-mode instead of using it.

--
David