Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 00:10:22 +1030

>> Should there be a check in the exporter, for latex based backends, if
>> the document class expected is not defined?  This would have made things
>> a lot quicker to resolve in this case!
>
> What is an "expected document class"? Beamer export can happen with
> a "beamer" or an "article" (and probably others) document class. There's
> no real way to know if the class used is correct.

Sure.  I didn't suggest that there should be a default (although as
others have suggested, a default of "beamer" would be reasonable).  My
point was simply that generating a latex file with no "documentclass"
line doesn't make much sense and this omission should be caught by the
exporter.  It would help any user more quickly figure out what is wrong
with the org file being exported.  Well, it would have helped me! ;-)

Arguably, this is not a problem with the beamer exporter but the latex
one instead.

In any case, I'd like to say thanks!  I had a presentation to give
earlier today and wrote it from scratch using the new exporter.  After
the initial hiccoughs (as documented on this list) and my not having
noted earlier that the ATTR_* syntax had changed (e.g. :options
width=... for images), everything went like a charm.

eric
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org 7.9.3e-904-g338046