Re: [O] Highlighting LaTeX fragments

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Highlighting LaTeX fragments
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 19:46:08 +0100

>> Basically stuff like α would be displayed with a special face.
>
> It's still the case. This part is done by `org-fontify-entities'
> (toggled by `org-pretty-entities').

This just turns \alpha into α.  It does not give it a special color
(on my system at least).

> Maybe rewrite a similar function with all references to the export
> sub-system removed. Also make sure it doesn't overlap with existing
> facilities.

Would the best way to go about it be using regexps?

> To begin with, it should be useful to know what is missing exactly.

Colors.  E.g. it used to be that if an equation was too long to be
supported by $-signs it would go from brown (on my system) to the
normal black, giving visual feedback as to whether \(·\) should be
used.

Also, it made it quicker to distinguish inline "math" from text (also
display math but this can be replaced by babel blocks).

–Rasmus

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding.