Re: [O] Make [C-c C-o] open link to auto create non-existing directory

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Make [C-c C-o] open link to auto create non-existing directory
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:37:19 +0100

Hi Chris,

chris <address@hidden> writes:

> I found Emacs + Org-mode can not automatically create non-existing directory.
>
> For example:
>
> When I create a link [[file:Linux/Linux.org]], but this path does not exist.
> When I open this link with [C-c C-o]. Emacs shows into:
>     Use [M-x make-directory RET RET] to create the directory and its parents
>     Setting current directory: no such file or directory,
>     /home/chrsi/Org/Wiki/Linux/
>
> Is it possible make Org auto create non-existing directory ?

Org behaves like Emacs here: in Emacs, if you find a file in a
directory that does not exist, you get the same warning.

A solution to automatically create the directory (with maybe just
a confirmation step) would be needed for Emacs, not just for Org.

Or is your need very specific to Org?

--
 Bastien