Re: [O] org-bullets extension

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] org-bullets extension
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:38:29 -0500

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> org-bullets.el is in the contrib/ directory.

By the way, I like using this one!  It works as well with the newer Org
than it did with the previous one, or at least so far that I know.  I do
not know if it is adequate to discuss contrib/ packages here, let me
apologize if I should rather not.

There is one small problem with org-bullets.el which existed then, and
which still exists.  Let me try to describe the problem.  This is merely
a display problem, the Org file is OK.

With org-bullets active, and using capture, I insert a line starting
with "- " and followed by a link as a last item under a header which was
previously closed.  The header gets opened, with all items visible,
including the one just inserted.  However, for that last item, this one
that just got inserted, the bullet of the following header and header
text is visually concatenated at the end of that item.  Typing C-l
(recenter-top-bottom) repairs the display: the bullet and its text
visually jump on the next line, where they belong.

François

P.S. I very often do this kind of capture, the contents of the generated
link come from a Google Chrome tab URL and title.  It is just a bit
annoying, after each capture, having to type C-l to correct the display.