Re: [O] [ANN] outorg.el -- reverse Org-Babel

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] outorg.el -- reverse Org-Babel
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 04:13:10 +0100

François Pinard <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Francois,

> Just from reading your description, "outorg" seems strangely similar to
> "poporg" (https://github.com/pinard/poporg), which I announced on this
> list maybe two weeks ago.  I would presume you missed it? :-)

I missed that completely, you can check the code - there should be no
similarities whatsoever. I was entirely inspired by my recent discovery
of the possibilities of outline-minor-mode and Org-Babel.

What a bad luck ... ;(

But anyway, probably the best we can do is to bring both version to a
usable state and then let the users decide if they want to use it - and
which one.

At first glance, the projects seem so different that a merge appears
impossible or just to much work - and not worth the pain.

> I'll save myself a pointer to "outorg", for later perusing and study.

I'll do the same thing with 'poporg' ;)

--
cheers,
Thorsten