Re: [O] OT, but not really: todays XKCD

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] OT, but not really: todays XKCD
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:36:00 -0500

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> [...] to keep a nice atmosphere on the list, [...] put enough energy
>> to maintain the whole beast.

> the estimation is done by managers themselves.

I find Bastien to be a very good maintainer.  I maintained a good deal
of software in my computer life, some being much more visible than Org.
Yet, Bastien shows me how I could have been a much better maintainer,
and in many ways.  He demonstrates a good balance between being able to
listen and communicate, and yet being firm enough to take decisions.
And these decisions are such that Org continues to stay rather
consistent while being opened to a lot of diversity, which to me is a
little miracle in itself.  How he can succeed in finding enough time for
all the timely supports he gives us, is a wonderful mystery to me.

Jambunathan, I prefer to think, right or wrong, that your account has
been pirated, and that someone else is impersonating you.  The truth is
that I admired your work and involvement around the ODT exporter, and
with the Org community.  Some people wrote to me about you, sharing the
high praise they have towards the quality of your code.  So, I prefer to
blindly stick with my admiration, and forget all the rest. :-)

Peace!

François