Re: [O] Worg publishing issue

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Worg publishing issue
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:45:30 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 2 problems, a trivial one and a let's-prepare-for-headache one:
>>
>> 1. `org-publish-org-to-html' does not exist in the new export/publish
>>     libraries -- Nicolas, would that be enough to have aliases here
>>     (from org-publish-org-to-html to org-html-publish-to-html)?  I
>>     guess many people rely on thse org-publish-org-to* functions.
>
> Publishing functions have been moved into their respective back-end.
> That way, ox-publish.el doesn't have to know about every back-end
> defined.

Thanks -- so that's not a problem for Worg, which uses Org from the
maint branch for publishing.  I've just fixed the bug in maint that
prevented Worg from publishing correctly.

> It's not very clean, but you can probably define aliases in
> ox-publish.el, since real publishing functions should be autoloaded
> anyway. If you do so, I suggest to, at least, provide a deprecation
> notice.*

I don't plan to add those aliases, let's move forward and add the
deprecation notice in the 8.0 release announcement (and on Worg.)

Thanks,

--
 Bastien