Re: [O] Anchors in texinfo export

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Anchors in texinfo export
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:04:00 -1000

> Hello,
>
> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> Currently, the texinfo exporter translates a dedicated target in a comment:
>>
>> # <<x-export-to-odt>>
>
> This isn't a target. This is a comment that contains some text looking
> like Org syntax.

OK.  I see I have a note from you to revise the manual @ 4.2 Internal links:

  The preferred match for a text link is a dedicated target: the same
  string in double angular brackets. Targets may be located anywhere;
  sometimes it is convenient to put them into a comment line. For example

       # <<My Target>>

>> to this:
>>
>> @c <<x-export-to-odt>>
>>
>> I was expecting to see a texinfo anchor:
>>
>> @anchor{x-export-to-odt}
>>
>> There are a handful of these dedicated target comments cum anchors in the Org
>> mode manual. I believe all of them are in places where it would be easy
>> to replace them with links directly to the corresponding headline/node.
>>
>> Should I edit them away? Or, are dedicated target comments/anchors
>> something the texinfo exporter should handle?
>
> There are no such things as "dedicated targets". Though
> <<x-export-to-odt>> within a paragraph should be translated into some
> sort of anchor. Isn't it the case?

I don't know yet.  AFAICT there isn't a need for this construct in the
Org mode manual.

At any rate, I'll go ahead and get rid of the comments that contain this
text with apparent Org mode syntax and replace the links to them with
links back to the corresponding headlines.

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813