Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [7.9.3e (7.9.3e-1032-g791a8d @ /home/horn/Repos/el/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:12:03 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
> what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See
>
>      http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback
>
> Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.
>
> Since recently, after starting up emacs and bringing up an org agenda
> which loads all my agenda files into buffers as a side-effect, all
> entries in all files are fully expanded, although org-startup-folded is
> set to t.
>
> I've tried adding a
>
>   #+STARTUP: fold
>
> or a
>
>   #+STARTUP: overview
>
> header to the top of my agenda files, but that doesn't change anything.
> Everything is completely expanded after the initial startup.
>
> If needed, I could try a bisection.

It's an optimization done by Bastien. There is a variable to inhibit it.

That subject has been discussed here a couple of days ago. Search for "agenda"
and "performance" in Bastien's emails. Sorry, not time to do it, but I wanted
to avoid you loosing more time searching after this feature.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban