Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [7.9.3e (7.9.3e-1032-g791a8d @ /home/horn/Repos/el/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:24:31 +0100

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

>> Everything is completely expanded after the initial startup.
>
> It's an optimization done by Bastien. There is a variable to inhibit
> it.

Ah, ok.  I'm not a big fan of optimizations that break correctness, and
the current behavior is simply wrong wrt. the docs of
`org-startup-folded' and the #+STARTUP property.

> That subject has been discussed here a couple of days ago. Search for
> "agenda" and "performance" in Bastien's emails.  Sorry, not time to do
> it, but I wanted to avoid you loosing more time searching after this
> feature.

Thanks a lot, I'll look it up myself.  I already searched for "folded",
"collapsed", and "expanded" before writing the bug report, but those
searches didn't find any recent messages.

Bye,
Tassilo