Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [7.9.3e (7.9.3e-1032-g791a8d @ /home/horn/Repos/el/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:42:14 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Ah, ok.  I'm not a big fan of optimizations that break correctness, and
> the current behavior is simply wrong wrt. the docs of
> `org-startup-folded' and the #+STARTUP property.

I just updated the docstring of org-startup-folded and mentioned
`org-agenda-inhibit-startup' in the manual (maint branch.)

I'm not convinced nil would be better as a default for
`org-agenda-inhibit-startup' -- even when users use only one big
.org file as their agenda, if they call (org-agenda nil "a") in
their .emacs.el then the optimization is also worth it.

--
 Bastien