Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [7.9.3e (7.9.3e-1032-g791a8d @ /home/horn/Repos/el/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:19:03 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Since recently, after starting up emacs and bringing up an org agenda
> which loads all my agenda files into buffers as a side-effect, all
> entries in all files are fully expanded, although org-startup-folded
> is set to t.
>
> I've tried adding a
>
>   #+STARTUP: fold
>
> or a
>
>   #+STARTUP: overview
>
> header to the top of my agenda files, but that doesn't change anything.
> Everything is completely expanded after the initial startup.

Just a short addon:

When I do M-x revert-buffer RET in some agenda file (currently being
completely expanded), it's displayed folded (with the exception of the
entry containing point).  That's the correct behavior.

If I invoke `org-agenda-list' again to generate a new agenda, the
reverted agenda files stay in their folded state, too.

Now if I kill the buffer of some agenda file and invoke
`org-agenda-list' which will reopen the file, it's completely expanded
again.

So the problem seems to be that only if an agenda file is opened during
execution of `org-agenda-list', it's expanded completely.  Else,
`org-startup-folded' works correctly.

Bye,
Tassilo