Re: [O] Align argument in #+attr_latex for tabular env. is whitespace se

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Align argument in #+attr_latex for tabular env. is whitespace sensitive
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:53:00 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>
>>> This syntax is wrong anyway. It should be:
>>>
>>>   #+attr_latex: :width "5cm"
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>>   #+attr_latex: :width 5cm
>>
>> From the tests I made on images, with the Beamer back-end, those did not
>> work.
>> It had to be:
>>
>>     #+ATTR_LaTeX: :options "width=5cm"
>>
>> Right?
>
> Correct. :width is for tables.

Thanks.

For my information (and not only for me, I guess), is there a fundamental
reason (I guess yes) why width is a first-class parameter for tables and an
option among others for images?

Looking from a 50 ft perspective, I would even imagine the opposite: images
will have to be scales in almost all cases (that is: have their image
attribute set), while tables will often take the space they need to.

Is there a reason why images can't have their own attributes as well?  I would
find that much, much more easy to apply, if we don't have to write the same
"functional" request in two different manners, depending on the context.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban