Re: [O] BIND org-html-style-include-*

From: T.F. Torrey
Subject: Re: [O] BIND org-html-style-include-*
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:10:09 -0700

Hello,

> address@hidden (T.F. Torrey) writes:
>
>> I still don't see any similar options regarding MathJax.  Perhaps
>> everyone else uses MathJax, or the functionality simply hasn't been
>> implemented yet.  If only the HTML export backend maintainer were still
>> on the list...
>
> Would you mind describing what is missing? It shouldn't be hard to
> implement it.

By default, the HTML export engine includes some CSS for basic
presentation, some JavaScript for interacting with code in the HTML, and
some JavaScript for the MathJax functionality (among many other things,
of course).

The CSS can be not included by setting org-html-style-include-default to
nil.

The non-MathJax JavaScript can be not included by setting
org-html-style-include-scripts to nil.

However, the new HTML exporter includes the MathJax JavaScript every
time, and I don't see any variable to set to suppress it.

The old exporter did not export it.  IIRC, it was off by default, and
there was a setting to turn it on (don't quote me, I never used it).

Recent posts by Bastien suggest that maybe it is supposed to be included
only if LaTeX is used in the buffer, but I'm not sure he was talking
about this issue.

With the new exporter on my Org, even the most minimal Org file exported
to HTML includes MathJax.  My Org version is 7.9.3e-1032-g791a8d.  The
most recent pulls fail testing (which people must already know).

(By the way, though it may be too late to change them now, the variables
would be better named "org-html-include-style-default" and
"org-html-include-scripts-default" and possibly
"org-html-include-scripts-mathjax".  The HTML exporter has many things
that might be included in the output, and having the variables all
starting with "org-html-include-" would make them easier for everyone to
find, understand, and modify.)

(Similarly, as someone else wrote, #+HTML_STYLE would be much better
named #+HTML_HEAD, given that style is just one of the many things this
directive might put into the head element of the html.)

All the best,
Terry
--
T.F. Torrey