Re: [O] Macro question with new texinfo exporter

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Macro question with new texinfo exporter
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:40:17 -0500

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Bastien writes:
> >> PS: I wonder if *any* of the menu item is used... as I don't use the
> >> menu myself, it's hard to tell.
> >
> > These days I only ever use it for "Show All" which does have a menu
> > entry, but no key binding.  But before I got used to where the keys are
> > I often used the menu to do things in tables, so I guess the menu gets
> > good use by other new users of Org (just that apparently none of them
> > tries to "reload Org uncompiled").
>
> Related to this -- how do you folks handle multiple local git branches?
> Do you always run uncompiled, and follow every git checkout with
> org-reload? I've caught myself several times recently doing git
> checkouts and reloading, but of course still reloading the byte-compiled
> files from the previous branch....

I don't trust org-reload enough for that: I write[fn:1] a minimal .emacs
that does whatever it needs to do to get me to the problem as fast as
possible and start a new emacs (emacs -q -l /path/to/minimal.emacs ...)

Nick

Footnotes:

[fn:1] "Write" is a bit of an exaggeration: I have a standard one that I copy
and
       modify for my current needs. When I'm done, I throw it away.