[O] Naive email "referencing" using copy&paste (was: Integration of notm

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Naive email "referencing" using copy&paste (was: Integration of notmuch email references in notes in org-mode)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 23:02:53 +0100

* Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi

Hi!

> I actually would prefer the source block approach, as the email
> would be physically in the org document and foldable.
>
> Any suggestions how I could achieve this?

In my case, MUA (mutt) and Org are on different hosts. I am
accessing MUA through ssh/screen and copy relevant parts into blocks
like this:

#+BEGIN_VERSE
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:58:22 +0000
From: Kickstarter <address@hidden>
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Project Boss <address@hidden>
Subject: Project Update xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Project deadline is re-schedults to May 2014 since
external ressources are not available before autumn.
#+END_VERSE

Sometimes, I am using BEGIN_QUOTE instead of BEGIN_VERSE though.

With copy&paste, it's not as quick as capture but this way I get the
advantage to strip down the message to its relevant parts. With the
Message-ID, I am able to locate the original email in my MUA very
quickly.

--
Karl Voit