Re: [O] [bug] org-agenda-diary-entry fails

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org-agenda-diary-entry fails
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:54:14 +0000

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> with org up to date from git repository as of a few minutes ago, trying
> to insert a day diary entry from the agenda view
> (org-agenda-diary-entry) fails.  Debug trace is attached.
>
> I cannot see what could be causing this problem.  Any suggestions?  I
> can start trying to bisect on recent changes.
>
> Thanks,
> eric

Does the `diary.org' file already exist with at least one headline in
it?

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Before first headline at position 1 in
> buffer diary.org")
>   signal(error ("Before first headline at position 1 in buffer diary.org"))
>   error("Before first headline at position %d in buffer %s" 1 #<buffer
> diary.org>)
>   (condition-case nil (outline-back-to-heading invisible-ok) (error
> (error "Before first headline at position %d in buffer %s" (point)
> (current-buffer))))

Granted, this is an issue that the org-diary really should be able to
handle, but it's worth trying this again in a file with at least one
headline.

I am using a datetree-formatted org file that I'd already been using for
a while as an org-capture target before putting my diary entries there.
So far it's been okay.

Let me know how it goes,
--
WGG
GnuPG/PGP key: subkeys.gnupg.net 0D2D3F9E