Re: [O] need: custom agenda for last 7 days

From: LeJyBy
Subject: Re: [O] need: custom agenda for last 7 days
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:39:10 +0000 (UTC)

Subhan Tindall <subhan.tindall <at> rentrakmail.com> writes:

> I have a question regarding a custom agenda report.  I've found the
> variable org-agenda-span to set the number of days shown.  But, I
> can't seem to some up with a way to make it start in the past.
> IE I want to see all agenda items for today and the previous 6 days.

Hi Subhan.

- Would the following serve you?
  ((org-agenda-list nil (- (org-today) 7) 6) ; 6 day agenda starting 6 days ago

I tried (and failed) to find how to define a custom command in the agenda to
this purpose, but the last function fulfilled my wish. An unexpected twist
(which you might like) is that (org-agenda-list nil (- (org-today) 7) 7) gives a
7 day agenda starting Monday of last week, rather than 7 days ago.

I hope it helps!

Many thanks to all people involved in org-mode for their good work and patience
with the "rowdy" users!