Re: [O] [texinfo] Bug(?) in detailed node listing

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] [texinfo] Bug(?) in detailed node listing
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:06:48 -0500

Hello Tom,

On 20 February 2013 19:45, Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
Aloha all,

I can't figure out how to get the detailed node listing formatted
correctly, so I want to call this a bug.  An example shows the problem:

* Hacking::                        How to hack your way around
* MobileOrg::                      Viewing and capture on a mobile device
* History and Acknowledgments::    How Org came into being

 --- The Detailed Node Listing ---

Introduction

* Summary::                                              Brief summary of what \
Org-mode does
* Installation::                                         How to install a downl\
oaded version of Org-mode

I'm guessing you mean the extra distance between the title and the
description of the listing?

This is not exactly a bug... In an attempt to get all the descriptions
to line up correctly I aligned them all based on the longest
subheading.  I'm guessing in this case there is an extremely long one
somewhere farther down.

I couldn't find any specification as to how far they should be aligned,
otherwise I would have set them to a specific column instead of
basing them on the longest headline.

I should be able to fix this to be more reasonable, however I would
need an opinion as to what distance would be appropriate/desireable.

Regards,

Jon
Help?

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813