Re: [O] need: custom agenda for last 7 days

From: Xiao-Yong Jin
Subject: Re: [O] need: custom agenda for last 7 days
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:15:31 +0900

I was just trying to search for this the other day.

On Feb 22, 2013, at 5:19 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Subhan,
>
> Subhan Tindall <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> '(org-agenda-custom-commands (quote (("w" "Weekly Logs" agenda ""
>> ((org-agenda-span 8))))))
>
> You can combine `org-agenda-span' and `org-agenda-start-day',
> which interprets negative values correctly:
>
> '(org-agenda-custom-commands (quote (("w" "Weekly Logs" agenda ""
> ((org-agenda-span 8)
>  (org-agenda-start-day -7))))))

I believe you need to pass a string to =org-agenda-start-day=.

    (org-agenda-start-day "-7")

> And *yes*, we need more documentation and tutorials on this.

For this variable, =org-agenda-start-day=, give a link to the document of the
function =org-read-date= would be great.  I had to read through the source code
to understand it.