[O] org-sync and redmine

From: Rémi Letot
Subject: [O] org-sync and redmine
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:38:13 +0100

Hello again org world,

org is real nice and all for my personnal organization, but I now have
to communicate with others for some projects. Org-sync to the rescue,
and as I dislike using hosted services like github or bitbucket, the
natural choice is redmine.

So I installed redmine, tested it, and all is well under the sun. Except
that org-sync (at least the redmine backend) seems to be lacking quite a
bit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the most current org-sync
comes from here:

https://github.com/daimrod/org-sync

With that, the first errors that I got came from org-element, so I installed
org-element from git HEAD (as instructed in the doc).

Then I have no lisp errors, but the result is not very useable.

Issues import ok, but they are all closed in org, and the descriptions
are missing the last character. If I sync what I imported, I get
conflicts about the descriptions: local has descriptions minus one char,
and remote has an additionnal «^M» at the end. I am offered to resolve
the conflicts, but somehow this gets me duplicate issues at the next
sync :-(

Ok my non existent lisp knowledge would slow me to a crawl, but I can
probably solve that problem. However the issues being interpreted as
closed seems a bit further out of my reach. And this is after a quick
small test, so I have no idea what lurks further down that road. If the
whole org-sync is out of date and needs some rough love, there is no way
I can tackle that with my level of lisp knowledge.

So I get to ask if anyone that I'm not aware of is still currently
working on org-sync, and if yes if they are interrested in fixing the
redmine backend ?

I can provide a test account and project on a recent redmine if that
helps, and I can try to help a bit on the org-sync side, although my
lisp knowledge is near zero and overall programming just a bit over that
:-) But I'm willing to help and learn if some more competent soul is in
it.

Thanks,
--
Rémi