Re: [O] Correct / best way of loading packages in contrib when using org

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Correct / best way of loading packages in contrib when using org compiled from git?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:17:34 +0100

Rainer M Krug writes:
> Ok - that makes sense. I just checked in my contrib/lisp and I only have .el
> there, so none are
> compiled.

Look in lisp, not contrib/lisp.

>> If you set the load-path to include the "contrib/lisp/" directory, then you
>> don't need to
>> install org-notmuch, and (require 'org-notmuch) will find it.
>
> Well - I don't install org, but just specify the load-path, so I have to
> specify that one as well.
> No problem.

No, you don't want that if you use ORG_ADD_CONTRIB.

> Yes - that is what I am doing as well.

Just curious, what would change for you if you installed Org into a user
directory (besides using "make up2" instead of "make update")?

> Just for clarifications: is there any problem with adding
>
> ORG_ADD_CONTRIB = *
>
> to the local.mk file, apart from slightly longer compilation times?

Yes, you don't want all of contrib (htmlize.el in particular).

>>> PS: I update my git almost daily via the following script:
>>
>> This should be enough

Actually, the "git checkout master" at the beginning should probably
stay there as a defensive measure.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: