Re: [O] ob-doc-R-extended.org

From: Jay Kerns
Subject: Re: [O] ob-doc-R-extended.org
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:48:28 -0500

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Jay Kerns <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hmm... thanks for the heads-up, Achim.  I usually work on the master
> branch and I haven't actually checked that what I did is compatible
> with the maint branch.  I will checkout the maint branch and make sure
> everything exports smoothly.
>
> --
> Jay

Alright, here goes: it looks like the maint branch does not yet
include the new exporter (ox-latex.el and such).  The whole point of
my working on this to begin with was to get something compatible with
the new exporter, so rather than go back all over again to make
something work with something that's set to be outdated in the coming
months (weeks?) anyway, I'd rather sit tight on the work done so far
and patiently look forward to the new exporter's merge from master to
maint.

In the meantime, the latest updated draft (little more than some
tweaks of Erik Iverson's original work) is here:

https://github.com/gjkerns/org-mode-R-tutorial

I've confirmed just now that it successfully exports to PDF/HTML under
the new exporter based on a freshly pulled org from git mere minutes
ago.  There's still work to be done, and I welcome
suggestions/corrections in the balance of time between now and when
some rendition of this can safely land on Worg.

Regards,
Jay