Re: [O] bug-tracker

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [O] bug-tracker
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 08:36:34 +0100

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> I was always under the impression that those tags are merely a way for,
> well, tagging bugs, so that you can search for them.  Same for
> packages. I didn't know that this also implied that you're encouraged to
> report bugs against upstream packages, possibly for features which are
> not yet in Emacs (or may even never land there, like some stuff in
> org/contrib, cedet/contrib, etc.).

This must be discussed with the Emacs maintainers, of course. If org
error reports will contain a substantial part of non-core Emacs
problems, an own debbugs package "org" might be better. Reports arriving
via the Emacs report chain could be reassigned to both packages
"emacs,org" then.

I recommend to contact Glenn Morris.

> -David

Best regards, Michael.