Re: [O] org-export-babel-evaluate and :exports none

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-babel-evaluate and :exports none
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:08:53 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> I'm just starting over because that wasn't a correct solution. I'm not
>> even sure about what bug this patch fixed.
>
> The bug was that Babel blocks were evaluated during export when
> org-export-babel-evaluate was explicitly set to nil (the default value
> is t).

AFAICT, they aren't.

Try the following in a buffer with `org-export-babel-evaluate' set
alternatively to nil and t:

  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports both :results value
  (+ 2 2)
  #+END_SRC

>> Anyway, it isn't org-export-babel-evaluate's job to tell when to
>> evaluate a source code block.
>
> The documentation says that its job is exactly that, if the context is
> export.

That was a typo. I meant "it isn't org-export-execute-babel-code's job
...".

>> It may be org-babel-exp-process-buffer's.
>
> You call org-export-execute-babel-code however, which doesn't check the
> above variable.

It doesn't need to. Export = "ox.el", but export + babel = "ob-exp.el".
So everything Babel related should happen there.

So, /if there's a bug/, it should be fixed in ob-exp.el (maybe in
`org-babel-exp-process-buffer's'), not in ox.el.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou