[O] Fwd: request of numeric arguments handling by +STARTUP: content

From: Vitaly
Subject: [O] Fwd: request of numeric arguments handling by +STARTUP: content
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 09:01:32 +0300

I want to have CONTENTS showing headlines up to particular level N when open file. I couldn't find such a thing in docs and VISIBILITY can't be used since it takes no arguments too, so having multiple VISIBILITY properties in every top-level headline is a bit stupid, not saying that it can not solve the problem fully, because it also doesn't take argument for "children" or "content".

Why not handling this somewhere in "+STARTUP: content N" or anywhere similar? Since org-mode handles arguments for org-global-cycle, why not handle them on startup?

I managed to get this behavior simply by calling the (org-global-cycle N) in find-file-hook, but this is somewhat dirty.

Regards, Vitaly

// Sorry if this is duplicate. I tried to send it being not subscribed before.