Re: [O] Exporter question

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Exporter question
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:15:42 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> Now, almost all back-ends providing a TOC functionality allow to
> add :OPTIONAL_TITLE: property in an headline to set its corresponding
> entry in the table of contents.

Thanks for implementing this!

> Do you think it's still necessary to provide an equivalent for
> `org-export-remove-timestamps-from-toc'? It's only a matter of copying
> the headline title in the property, without timestamp.

org-html|latex-format-headline-function allow these arguments:

TODO      the todo keyword (string or nil).
TODO-TYPE the type of todo (symbol: `todo', `done', nil)
PRIORITY  the priority of the headline (integer or nil)
TEXT      the main headline text (string).
TAGS      the tags as a list of strings (list of strings or nil).

Why not having another TRIM-REGEXP argument to selectively trim
the content matched by a regexp against TEXT?

`org-export-with-timestamps-in-toc', if nil, would use this arg;
but users could remove anything from the headlines (and the TOC),
not just from the TOC.

And `org-export-with-timestamps' could be set to 'from-toc or
'from-headline.  And we could extend `org-export-with-tags'
similarily.

(I think `org-export-with-timestamps-in-toc' is better than
`org-export-remove-timestamps-from-toc' because `org-export-with'
is more widely used for the same purposes.)

Just a suggestion for combining backward compatibility and adding
some flexibility thanks for the new engine.

Let me know what you think,

--
 Bastien