Re: [O] footnotes export verbatim

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] footnotes export verbatim
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:09:08 +0100

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/24/13, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>>> I am aware of that, but blank lines were allowed after a while.  One
>>> issue was filling.
>>>
>>> Even \par fails to work now.  :(
>>
>> It should now be fixed.  Just replace \par with an empty line.
>
> The fix does not work.
>
> I tried blank line and it still exported verbatim.
>
> I then tried \par, and it still filled the footnote and inserted
> "\par" into it.

I think we're not talking about the same thing. The fix allows empty
lines in regular footnote definitions, not inline ones.

> If this cannot be fixed, then I need some way of filtering to achieve
> it.

Filtering cannot help you here, since you need to, at least, agree with
the structure of the document being parsed.

If you want lists, tables, paragraphs... in a footnote, regular
definitions are the way to go.

If, for some reason, you refuse to use regular definitions, you could
write a hook which would call `org-footnote-normalize', in order to
transform your inline definitions in regular definitions, and then
replace "\par" with an empty line.

That hook function can be added in `org-export-before-parsing-hook'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou