[O] pxref in texinfo export

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [O] pxref in texinfo export
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:52:50 -1000

Aloha all,

IIUC, there is currently no support for @pxref{} in the texinfo
exporter.  This is a texinfo @-command that does one thing in the info
output and another in the LaTeX output.

My idea is to create a custom link type, something like this:

(org-add-link-type
   "pxref" nil
   (lambda (path desc format)
     (cond
      ((eq format 'html)
       (format "<span class=\"pxref\">%s</span>" path))
      ((eq format 'latex)
       (format "\\ref{%s}" path))
      ((eq format 'texinfo)
       (format "@pxref{%s,%s}" path desc)))))

I haven't tested this, but it should export approximately correctly and
I'm confident I can get the export part working.

What I can't figure out is how to have Org recognize that a link like
this:

[[pxref:Internal link]]

is really an internal link, rather than an external link.  I'd like to
be able to click on this and end up at <<Internal link>> in the Org
buffer.

Is this possible?  If so, can you point me to a solution?

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813