Re: [O] org-mode not working properly after update

From: Sanjib Sikder
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode not working properly after update
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:08:48 +0530

Hi,

Just now I noticed, the tree structure is working, but it is not hiding the stars. All texts are black in color. The links are literal like following.

[[file:myfile.org][myfile]]

> Does `M-x org-mode RET' activate Org Mode after you've opened the file?

The above command does not improve the matter.

> Do you have « ("\\.org\\'" . org-mode) » in auto-mode-alist? (check with
> `C-h v auto-mode-alist RET')

The above command returned several lines. In one of the lines I found the following
Value: (("\\.org$" . org-mode)

> M-x emacs-version RET
GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2) of 2013-02-25 on platinum, modified by Debian

>M-x org-version RET
Org-mode version 7.9.3e (7.9.3e-3-gb07a9b @ /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/)

@ Sebastien Vauban

I am not sure it is due to the reason you have mentioned or not.

Thanks

Sanjib Sikder