Re: [O] Bad indentation with visual-line-mode

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: Re: [O] Bad indentation with visual-line-mode
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:50:36 +0100

Hallöchen!

Bastien writes:

> Torsten Bronger <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> - There is no way to set the line width besides setting Emacs
>> margins, which is visually less appealing than before.  (Minor
>> problem.)
>
> Please report this to Emacs developers.

In
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-05/msg00824.html
Stefan Monnier says that he sees no need to add a set-wrap-width
option.

>> - Indentation in lists is essentially broken.  I illustrate this
>> by indenting this list as it now appears in my org-mode file.
>> One can activate org-indent-mode but this is not the same as
>> longlines-mode.  Besides, I don't like the big indentations it
>> creates for deeply nested content.
>
> `org-indent-mode' is fine for me here, it fixes the wrong _visual_
> indentation which results from using `visual-line-mode'.

Yes, it fixes it for me, too.  But my point is that I don't want to
have indentation of the subtrees, only of the list items.  This
basically means that org-indent-mode isn't the solution I am looking
for.  Besides, setting org-indent-indentation-per-level to "0"
triggers this error on startup:

    Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
`/home/bronger/.emacs':

    Args out of range: [nil * ** *** **** ***** ****** ******* ********
********* ********** *********** ************ ************* **************
*************** **************** ***************** ******************
******************* ******************** nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil], -1

Should I report a bug?

And, shouldn't visual-line-mode's behaviour that it doesn't respect
the indentation of org-mode be considerd a bug, too?

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: address@hidden