Re: [O] Inserting a comma as prefix of headlines (in Org code blocks)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Inserting a comma as prefix of headlines (in Org code blocks)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:43:05 +0100

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> Consider this Org block:
>
> #+begin_src org
> * Headline inside an Org block
>
> Text of that entry.
> #+end_src

Technically, this is not an Org block for any serious function in Org.
Headlines have precedence over block markers.

> I don't remember exactly why (I think, sometimes, TAB'ing did not work
> properly to prefix the dangerous lines with a `,'), I had to do it manually:
> go and prefix every headline of the Org code block.

> #+begin_src org
> ,* Headline inside an Org block
>
> Text of that entry.
> #+end_src
>
> That worked for long, but not anymore since a couple of weeks (could be
> something like 2 months or so): currently, if you go in column 0 of the
> headline, and insert `,', you get asked:
>
>   "Priority A-C, SPC to remove: "
>
> IMHO, such a question should not be asked, and the `,' should be inserted
> literally, as we're in the context of a code block.

We're not, that's why comma escaping exists in the first place.

I understand this may be counter-intuitive in your simple example, but
it's quite logical.

I think a proper solution would be to remove "," from speed keys and put
priority command elsewhere. Thus, you can always insert "," manually at
the beginning of the line. Meanwhile, there is "C-q ,".n

What about "#" for priorities?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou