Re: [O] [new exporter] #+TOC in beamer export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] #+TOC in beamer export
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 00:52:24 +0100

Hello,

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 10:53:42PM +0100, Andreas Leha wrote:
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>> > It seems useful to keep frame around TOC generated from toc:t option.
>> > But we could remove it from TOC generated from #+TOC keywords.
>> >

>> Thanks for taking this further.  Indeed, for the toc:t triggered TOC the
>> frame is absolutely useful.
>
> I'm not sure what a \tableofcontents outside a frame would look like.
> Can someone show an example?

I think that the idea behind a frameless TOC is that you provide your
own frame for it.

It makes sense since #+TOC: allows to control accurately the location of
your table of contents.

> I also had another thought; sometimes for long presentations, I use
> something like this:
>
>   \AtBeginSubsection[]{
>     \ifthenelse{
>       \(\value{section}=1\)\AND\(\value{subsection}=1\)
>     }{}
>     {
>       \begin{frame}<beamer>
>         \frametitle{Outline}
>         \tableofcontents[currentsubsection]
>       \end{frame}
>     }
>   }
>
> At the moment I put it in as one long LaTeX_HEADER line.  But would it
> be possible to leverage #+TOC: into having a similar effect?  It might
> then provide a greater degree of control where you want the toc frame to
> appear.

I think this kind of control should really belong to specific latex
code.

A TOC limited to current section sure sounds seducing, but I'm not sure
how to achieve this in LaTeX.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou