Re: [O] [RFC] Org version of the Org manual

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Org version of the Org manual
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 16:44:01 +0900

Hello Thomas,

> These instructions assume more knowledge than I have. Could you be more
> specific about "in the Org worktree"? Should I create a branch where I
> do this? Or, should I put this in one of the upstream branches and
> arrange to push it into the Org repo?  In any case, can you suggest a
> location?  /contrib?  /doc?

IIUC, Achim means,

cd /source/directory/of/org-mode
git clone http:github.com/tsdye/orgmanual  # or your most updated repo of
orgmanual

git submodule add orgmanual                # optional
git commit -m "Commit Message"             # optional

cd orgmanual
Create_Makefile                            # [1]
ln -s ../doc/org-version.inc .

cd ..
update_local.mk_file                       # [2]
make orgmanual

For me also texi2dvi failed, but orgmanual.info is generated fine and looks
great.

Given texi generation is very slow, I wonder which format of manual will be
included in Emacs trunk.?

Anyway, very nice to see org manual in org Format.

Thanks.,

[1],[2] are code bits from Achim's mail.

--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు.
YYR