Re: [O] asynchronous exporter and babel confirmation

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] asynchronous exporter and babel confirmation
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 23:17:15 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> `org-babel--suppress-confirm-evaluate-answer-no' to t from
> `org-export-async-start'. I would suggest a shorter variable name,

I've dropped the "suppress-" as it is redundant, but kept the
"confirm-evaluate".

>> -;;; ob-core.el --- working with code blocks in org-mode
>> +;; ob-core.el --- working with code blocks in org-mode
>
> You should leave 3 semicolons. This is standard elisp library starter.

That was an accident.

> I would refactor it like the following:
>
>   (org-babel--check-confirm-evaluate info
>     (or (equal eval "never") (equal eval "no")
>         (and (org-bound-and-true-p org-current-export-file)
>              (or (equal eval "no-export") (equal eval "never-export")))
>         (prog1 nil (message (format "Evaluation of this%scode block%sis
> disabled."
>                                     code-block block-name)))))

I wouldn't, it reverses the logic of that function.  Most of the code
was copied from the original function and I had originally intended to
adhere closely to that so Eric has an easier time to tell whether this
is good or not.  Anyway, I've had a go at this, not sure if it is much
better than the original.  The logic in these functions is a bit
convoluted, after all.

Regards,
Achim.