Re: [O] org-exp-bibtex missing in git?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] org-exp-bibtex missing in git?
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 23:55:30 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> If we're not going to provide a multi-backend solution, I suggest to
> keep things simple and write LaTeX code directly (or use the solution
> provided by Eric). Unless you have something else in mind with these
> link abbrevs, of course.

Can you resend me the link to Eric's suggestion?

Actually my suggestion is multi-backends ready: I gave an example for
`org-latex-bibtex-link', but `org-html-bibtex-link' could be used at
the same place.

The link export mechanism would be in charge to select the right
function when there are several.  If there is no backend-specific
function, the exporter would fall back on the normal export mechanism
for links.

The trick would just be to attach the available functions (possibly
multiple ones, for the various backends) as properties to the links
(aka :latex-link-function for the :link object in the internal
representation) and to select the correct function depending on the
export backend.

Do it make (some) sense?  The idea is to *not* add a new link type
with a new syntax, but to rely on the abbreviated links, which I
think are flexible enough.

--
 Bastien